Mounting digital camera, /etc/fstab joke ?

Martin Andersen martin at al-data.dk
Sat Jan 10 17:20:44 UTC 2004

Em Qui, 2003-12-11 às 20:47, Felipe Alfaro Solana escreveu:

>> # chown your_user_id /dev/sda3
>> Then, you'll be able to mount the camera as a non-root user.

"Why does this happens on every redhat/fedora box? I've been using redhat
distros for so long I cannot say anything about mandrake or suse, but
seems they are long way ahead on this: an average user can mount a
camera, record cds, whatever. And we still need to change this manually
on EVERY installation.

This seems plain stupid to me. Make things difficult."

Actually, as one other person said, it's enough to write /mnt/camera as non-root.
Still, this is a major problem for the average/new user, who will never think of
this. The system should pop up with Konqueror/Nautilus/whatever, having mounted the
camera automatically.

Martin.