Windows key (Was Re: 2 newbie questions.)

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Sat Jan 10 18:10:47 UTC 2004

On January 10, 2004 12:54, David Jackson wrote:
> You could for instance post messages to KDE/Gnome groups suggesting this
> change or see if it's possible for you or them to be done.

We've already done it in KDE. When you first log into KDE, if you specify that
you're coming from a Windows world, it uses all the shortcuts from Windows
including the windows-button. I don't think we can use the windows button
alone (ie. to popup the K menu), but that's XKB's fault, not ours.

If you want to use the windows button, go to the Control Center -> Regional &
Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts. At the top, choose Windows Scheme (With
Win Key). Click Apply. Be happy.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org