Does HP color laserjet 1500L work in Fedora?

Paul Morgan paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com
Sun Jan 11 00:03:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 15:20, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Am looking for a color printer that can also handle postscript files. Also,
> does anyone know where I can find out which printers are compatible with FC1?

FWIW, I've been happy with the Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL and the driver
from Rick Richardson at http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/

The HP and the Minolta are in the same price range, but the Minolta has
several features that place it head and shoulders above the HP (imho).

The Magicolor 2300 DL includes built-in parallel and ethernet interfaces
as well as an LCD control panel on the printer itself. The magicolor
also has a built-in web server, read-only snmp, a telnet interface, and
twice the memory of the hp 1500L. The hp 1500L, to its discredit,
happens to be a host-based printer (i.e., winprinter).

I have RH 8, 9, and FC1 computers all using the 2300 DL with good
success. My print server defines two printers for the one device: one is
strictly b&w while the other is color (helps with managing toner, etc.).

Ironically, the windows driver is less capable as it can have only one
instance under Windows 9x.

HTH,
paul