Creative WebCam Notebook under FC1?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Jan 11 02:20:25 UTC 2004

Em Sáb, 2004-01-10 às 20:17, Adam L. Klein escreveu:

> |    Just for fun...in case it's made the same way as the "Creative
> |Webcam" like I have, "insmod ov511" and open a video device. (Like start
> |xawtv -c /dev/video0 or /dev/video1.

This, in fact, is not even needed - ov511's will work just fine just
rebooting.

For ov511 I would recommend camorama in favor of xawtv - it works faster
(as it does not try to use a different resolution then that one from
ccd), uses gtk widgets and is easier to configure contrast, etc.
http://camorama.fixedgear.org
I don't remember where I found a rpm for it.

> xawtv (once installed) gives a blank (green) screen and reports:
> "Xlib: extension "Free86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

This is not a problem, just a warning. Here the same happens, but image
appears (slow)

> Any further insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Oh ya, it works ok with gnomemeeting :-)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group