Is qtparted working on FC1?

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sun Jan 11 21:48:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:05:30 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > > qtparted is still in the testing repository on fedora.us ->
> > > http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/fedora-1-testing.html. So I think it did
> > > not already pass quality management.
> >
> > Well, ok then. However i do need something to resize and move
> > partitions. Any advice?
>
> Sorry, I did not mean it will not work properly. I just wanted to
> mention, that the RPM 'might' not fit the quality standards which
> fedora.us claims for stables RPMS through their repository.

Well, the software is under development and not considered stable. The
fedora.us package also includes a fix (or two), one for the proper
detection of partitions and their occupied space. To the best of my
knowledge, the author has neither confirmed nor accepted the patch.  He
has turned silent after he had promised to look into it and a bug in his
code.

> Even if there is something not perfect with the RPM, qtparted should
> work properly though.

No. That's what the "testing" repository is for. If code maturity is
uncertain and the software needs [much] more testing from more users, it's
put into "testing". If early reviewers find the software has serious flaws
and crashes under certain circumstances, for instance, it can be published
into "unstable" nevertheless.