Gphoto2 missing camera definitions

Rami Saarinen rs55862 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 00:13:42 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-01-11 às 12:48, Rami Saarinen escreveu:
> > >I think the A300 is not supported officially, for it is not listed at
> > >http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
> > Oh blimey. That is quite odd as the version 2.1.2 (?) ie. the one taht
> > comes with FC1 does support A300.

> As I look at http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/windowsxp.html
> This camera can be directly connected, like any memory chain, isn't it?
> Why would you need a driver for it? (Maybe I'm dumb, who knows)

True. I am not yet so famililiar with usb devices and have been using
gphoto2 library (usually from the GIMP) and have been completely happy
about it. After updating gphoto2 I found the ("named") support to be
missing and got confused. I did re-install the older version earlier on,
but after your reply I actually tested to use the camera using the "USB
PTP class camera" and it seems to work ok... so case is solved afaik.

Thank you both for help.

--
Rami Saarinen