how do I install the new KDE beta?

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Mon Jan 12 02:07:10 UTC 2004

On January 11, 2004 20:34, Trevor Smith wrote:
>         kdeaddons = %{epoch}:3.1.94-0.2 is needed by
> kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner-3.1.94-0.2

Do not install kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner, it is broken.

>         XFree86-devel is needed by kdesdk-devel-3.1.94-0.1

Now I'm pretty sure you don't have XFree86-devel installed.

>         libnetsnmp.so.5 is needed by kdeutils-3.1.94-0.2

You also need the net-snmp package.

> 1. The web site instructions say "Do It In This Order" but you're
> suggesting that I just throw all the RPMs together and say "install them
> all!" Does that mean the web site is wrong?

The web site you're talking about gives instructions for *source*
installation, not RPMs. You can install RPMs in one bunch, the rpm command is
smart enough to install them in the right order.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org