Non FOSS and Fedora

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Jan 12 17:37:53 UTC 2004

I for one like these documents. They fill a need, because unfortunately
there are things for which no good FOSS alternative exists.

If you (or anyone else) determines that I'm not "allowed" to install
non-free software, you are actually taking away a piece of my freedom,
and I resent that.

Besides, some people use their computer to actually get some work done,
and if no free alternative exists, using the non-free software is the
only available option, other than telling people to use windows to
access files for which no free viewer exists (which doesn't solve your
problem, since then the people need a non-free OS in addition to the
non-free viewer software, miking the world even less free).

David Jansen