Non FOSS and Fedora

prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 12 19:28:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 05:51:43PM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra penned with great insight:
<above missing purposely>

> It seems some proponents only wish to inform of the problems of the Free
> Software drivers, caring absolutely nothing about informing of the
> non-Free Software drivers' problems.

Agreed.

Just a quick question to those following this thread, did I miss the part where Rui (you, if you're reading this Rui), told others that they could not do something? I've seen this mentioned across a few posts (not just in relation to this thread either), that stated you and others of like mind such as myself make a habit of telling others what they can and can not do.

OTOH, it's been my experience that Rui (you) have attempted to point out what would be a better way of handling said situation. Is this my misinterpretation of what's been said thus far in the thread and others? I was under the impression that the advice given was simply a matter of what -should- be done. As opposed to what must happen.

Alex

--
If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. --Spoken in Zen