Helix Player

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Jan 12 20:52:50 UTC 2004

Kreg Steppe wrote:

> I got [Helix Player] installed without any problem, also using
> Thomas's tutorial.
> I only have that same error ("Unexpected error code (0x800400C9)") if
> I try to open a ram file by clicking on it... if I open helix and open
> the file through the program (file->open) it works as advertised.

Yes, it sounds like this is a known bug as Clifford Snow pointed out.
Unfortunately NPR uses a JavaScript app to generate its Real links, and
the only effect on Mozilla is to write a .smil file into /tmp.  I can
manually run HelixPlayer by extracting the link from this file.

Time to write a small helper app to extract the link and run Helix
automatically.