DLink DWL-520 Problems

Bill Carlson wcarlson at vh.org
Mon Jan 12 22:22:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Mike Watson wrote:

> On Sunday 11 January 2004 03:44 pm, Miles Phillips wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > First of all I'm new to this list and if I am in the wrong spot I
> > apologize in advance.  I just installed Fedora on a couple computers,
> > and all worked well except...  I just purchased without doing
> > research(bad me) a dlink DWL-520 PCI wireless ethernet card.  Fedora
> > detects the card as Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset.  When I try to

What revision of the DWL-520 do you have? It should list it on the box or
on the card itself.

Dlink changed chipsets with Revision C, see:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkDwl520

I have one of the Rev C cards, got it working with the module listed.
Beware the receiver sensitivity problem, my range was horrible; a Netgear
MA311 was well worth the money as a replacement.

Good luck!

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Administrator    wcarlson at vh.org      | Anything is possible,