Wish list for Fedora Core 2

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon Jan 12 23:01:10 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

>Hi Bjorn,
>
>On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 19:28, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
>

>>1) Kernel messages was confusing, and unnecessary.
>>

>Did you not have graphical boot? I think it is turned on by default.

Rui,
I guess he's talking about the first messages , before the system starts
to load runlevel 5 (after it says "Press I to enter interactive
startup").. I agree with him... I , as a computer science student , know
what all those messages are and I know that they are usefull.
However , new users who are used to other OS tend to believe that all
messages are evil , specially if they appear in a text screen (and
specially if it has a blue background and white text ;) )...
I know that's hard to show them that these messages are usefull to
detect errors, so there should be a way to hide those messages from
these kind of users...

Pedro Macedo