Whitebox Linux

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Tue Jan 13 14:36:06 UTC 2004

From: "WipeOut" <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>
> Daniel Veillard wrote:

> >>Yes, theoretical support for the current version till 2008.. :)
> >>
> >>Makes using Fedora great for desktops and development systems and WBEL
> >>great from production servers..
> >
> >  Let's be cristal clear there, you might get support for Whitebox Linux
> >but it won't come from Red Hat.
> >
> Yes that is understood.. Maybe I should have worded my comment slightly
> differently..
>
> I should have said that there will be theoretically be errata updates
> for a longer period than is presently being offered by Fedora.. There is
> in fact no support for Whitebox Linux other than from the Whitebox
> community..

Okay, so that begs the question...IIRC, the Fedora community will only
support a released version of FC for approx two months after the release of
a new version, which means that FC1 and RHL9 will both have their
errata/security update support discontinued at about the same time.  For
what amount of time is the WBEL community committing to support a released
version after the next one comes out?

And will errata/security updates be available via up2date/yum/apt/some other
automated scheme?

Ben