Non FOSS and Fedora

David Eduardo Gómez Noguera davidgn at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Jan 13 18:01:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:35, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 17:23, Paul Thomas wrote:
> > On 12/01/2004 10:16 Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > > than their Free Software counterparts, but remember that non-Free
> > > software brings a social cost that is very bad: social division between
> > > those who can and those who can't.
> >
> > As does non-free hardware, housing, food, clothing, medical costs,
> > education. In a world where many millions of people don't have enough food
> > to survive, your commentary seems to me to be rather childish.
>
> Please explain, in paper-like detail, how is something that is
> replicated at zero cost (digital content, namely software) equal to
> something that has real replication costs (hardware, housing, food,
> clothing, medical treatment, education, etc...).

This is not for me to talk here.
not my discussion, but im just getting tired.
Its not replicated at zero cost. Electricity and the mediums needed to
replicate it (i.e. hardware, cd's, time, internet access, etc) dont pop
out off the air

Im afraid I just stepped into the swamp, and it will swallow me now...
oh well...