Apache Build Error

Dave Hughes webmaster at networkinghq.net
Wed Jan 14 03:46:20 UTC 2004

     The problem is now resolved after reloading the system with FC1.
I'm sorry for not sticking with it and giving the mailing list a contribution,
however I had the option at this point of development to just reload.
I should have had more patience and waited for your last message on
"glibc-devel/glibc-kernheaders" in regard to correctness.  The thought
actually came to mind once, especially since I compiled a custom kernel.

     Joe I've compiled many kernels in the past with a good success rate,
however
where do you think I went wrong on this last one?  What impact does a custom
Fedora kernel have on /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm ? Do I need
to symlink these directories to the kernel source directories instead of
relying
on glibc-kernheaders?  I'm definitely a little green when it comes to glibc
relations
to the kernels.

Here's what steps I used before.
Makefile compiler flags:
HOSTCFLAGS = -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -mcpu=pentium4 -march=pentium4
-funroll-loops -fomit-frame- pointer
CFLAGS=-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -mcpu=pentium4 -march=pentium4
-funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing

make mrproper
make menuconfig
make deps
make bzImage
make modules_install
make install
and of course set grub.conf to the custom kernel

Dave