Mozilla 1.5 Fedora RPMs

Stefan Hoelldampf stfn at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 07:21:46 UTC 2004

David C. Hart wrote:

>>Do you really know the advantages of a package management tool like RPM?

> Absolutely. I'm just pointing out that installing Mozilla from source is
> not like compiling a kernel, for example. The setup program is very
> similar to a Windows application. Many people who would not be
> comfortable with the typical Linux source install would be perfectly
> comfortable installing Mozilla without relying upon an RPM.

Perhaps I've misunterstood what you have written but nobody has to
create his own Mozilla *source* RPM(s) since *binary* RPMs are available
for example at ftp.mozilla.org.
The installation is very simple: After downloading the packages of your
choice you only have to run "rpm -Uvh mozilla*.rpm".

Kind Regards,
	Stefan