The Agere Systems Orinico Gold 802.11b Card installation issues.

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jan 14 13:46:12 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 13:27, Dave Marples wrote:

> Moral:  The base
> station may be as important as the card itself.  What base station are
> you using?

> > > Has anybody been able to install the Agere Systems Orinico Gold card?
> > > I am not talking about the older Lucent Wavelan card.
> >
> > It works perfectly for me with the standard kernel (2.4.24 and 2.6.1)
> > and the standard orinoco_cs module.

First of all, I always run my laptop WiFi card in "Managed" mode.

At home, I connect to an Orinoco Gold card in a PCI/PCMCIA adaptor
on my desktop. This is running in "Ad-Hoc" mode.

At work, I link to an Airport Access Point,
with the same mode on my laptop.

I'm currently running the standard 2.6.1 kernel.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366