How to specify alternate up2date site? (Was: Alternate up2date sites

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Jan 14 16:53:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:33:41AM -0600, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> BFD wrote:
> >M.Hockings wrote:

> >>http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
>
> How do I tell up2date to use an mirror site? I've been poking around my
> system and haven't figured out how yet.

Edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources  to point at a mirror instead of the
main redhat repository.  Which mirror to use?  Look at all of them and
select one that is logically closer to you that isn't likely to be as
overloaded as the main redhat site.

You can also generally put one of the mirrors in /etc/yum.conf instead
of the redhat site.

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury      `-_-'    Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us         U     RHCT August 2003