DRI problems

Rafael Fernandez rafael at computingsupport.org
Wed Jan 14 20:07:46 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am using Fedora Core 1, kernel 2.6.1 built with DRI support, NVIDIA
driver v1.0.4496 on a GeForce4 MX 440 and my problem is the following.
Some screen savers, and from the research I have done I can tell you
they are the OpenGL ones, output:
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
I got the same problem when I used the 2.4.22 kernel from Fedora. The
other day I found this amazing game called America's Army. When I ran
the game in Linux I got this error:

Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
GL_EXT_bgra not supported - bailing out.

A surprising fact is that I can run tux-racer and Chromium. I searched
the archives but there weren't any clear explanations on how to fix
this. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Rafael Fernandez