fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #788 - 30 msgs

John V. Pope jpope_rhn at popes.net
Wed Jan 14 21:43:07 UTC 2004

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:42:51 +0000
> From: Michael Thompson <mike at thompsonmike.co.uk>
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Upgrade
>
> ------------7117558C938F48
>
> Hi Fedora-list,
>

>   I am currently using Redhat 9, and when April 30th comes round, I am
>   looking to change distos.
>
>   What I am asking therefore is: Can I upgrade RH9 to Fedora, and it
>   keeps all the settings? Mainly the Mailserver, FTP, web server etc?
>

> --=20
>
> Best regards,
>  Michael (mike at thompsonmike.co.uk)

Michael,

I recently upgraded from RH9 to FC1 on two servers.  All went well with very
few acceptions.  All of my settings fro Apache, FTP, etc. survived the
upgrade.

As I recall, the worst problem I encounterd was with MySQL not having a
blank root password.  The init script needed a minor change so it would stop
complaining that the server wouldn't start (even after it started fine).

Enjoy,
John V. Pope