recommend amd64 MB

Chuck Mead csm at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jan 14 22:00:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> Neal D. Becker wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend an amd64 MB for Fedora?
> >
> > I'm considering Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP.  This has nforce3, Silicon Image
> > sil3512
> > controller.  Any issues?
> >

> I'm planning on AMD64 - NOT fx.  I want SATA support!  Anyone have any good
> experiences?  So far, all I've heard are bad ones.

I am using an ASUS K8V Deluxe with an Athlon64 3000+. I have not had any
hardware issues beyond the onboard soundcard which does not work (though I
could care less as I have an SB Live! which works great and I prefer it
anyway). I do not have any SATA disks but I can see the kernel fire off
the driver support for the SATA stuff if I enable it in the BIOS.

--
csm
Lunar Linux Project Lead