PowerManagement: Suspend, Sleep, Turn Off Screen...

Travis Fraser travis at snowpatch.net
Wed Jan 14 22:31:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 08:55, J. Erik Hemdal wrote:
<snip>
> I've also not managed to respond to events from the power button, lid, etc;
> because I don't know how to specify events for acpid.  The man page for
> acpid explains which files configure it, but not precisely what you can
> configure.  I did notice that the screen would turn off after a time, but I
> don't know what exactly made that happen.

Look in /etc/acpi/events. There is a sample events file. You can make
scripts for various events that in turn cause specific actions to be
taken. The events are registered in /var/log/acpid and picked up by
acpid. I have scripts for lid-closing, power button, and ac-adapter
events.

Travis Fraser