Subject: Re: fedora official ntfs support

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jan 15 17:13:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 15:25, Szakacsits Szabolcs wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > > Does any Linux Distro Support NTFS?
> > No. Only some GNU/Linux distributions carry Linux's NTFS module.
>
> Would you mind backup your claim? I pointed out _some_ who carries:
> Mandrake, SuSE, Gentoo, Conectiva, Slackware, Debian, Knoppix, ASPLinux,
> TopologiLinux, etc.

Yes, but Linux is one kernel that GNU can use (hence GNU/Linux), and
NTFS is one module (much needed but badly patent encumbered) of Linux.

Besides that I interpreted (thinking back I don't know why) that he was
asking if all distributions supported, to which I answer him some do.

Like Mandrake, SuSE, Gentoo, Conectiva, Slackware, Debian, Knoppix,
ASPLinux, TopologiLinux, etc. :)

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?