Gnome Panels and Xinerama

Heiko Joerg Schick info at schihei.de
Thu Jan 15 22:11:46 UTC 2004

Hello Hugh,

I have similar problems. I don't use Xinerama, because my displays uses
different solutions.

Beside this, the behaviours are same, like:

(1): some Applets could not used on both displays, or they crashes
(2): the panel could _not_ configured via pressing with the right
     mouse button on it and go to "Preferences". If yes, the panel crashes
     and all / some settings are lost.

I've configured the complete second display via gconf-editor by hand.
By the way, KDE has some similar problems :)

If someone is interessted, I can write a more detailed report
(about my expericences with dual head and window managers).

Regards,
    Heiko