kernel-module-nvidia-driver for kernel-2.2.22-1.2149.nptl?

HD heterodox at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 16 15:46:56 UTC 2004

I keep checking http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/ for the new
kernel-module-nvidia-drivers but there has been not change there since
kernel-module-nvidia-driver-2.4.22-1.2129.nptl so as a result I am still
using the 2129 kernel. I did try installing kernel-2.2.22-1.2140.nptl
but could not start X with that kernel, I am assuming because I have the
wrong kernel-module-nvidia-drivers installed. Does anyone know anything
about present and future updates from
http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/ ?

I have another (linux newbie) question that is closely related to this.
When someone installs a new kernel it is assumed that they would want to
give a test run to see if it is going to work well for them. But it
appears that testing in X is not possible without updating the
kernel-module-nvidia-driver. IF the new kernel is installed and the
corresponding kernel-module-nvidia-driver is installed then X will no
longer work for the previous kernel. So, if the new kernel does not work
well, is it possible to revert back to the old
kernel-module-nvidia-driver? How could this be done? Are there other
alternatives?

Thanks!
--
HD