shutdown & kernel

Diosnel Herrnsdorf diosnelh.com at diosnelh.com
Sat Jan 17 00:55:09 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: John Gray
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 00:43
Subject: shutdown & kernel

How do I remove the non existent kernel choices from the boot loader list,
or at least set the default kernel?
When I do "rpm -q kernel" I only get the current kernel, but in the boot
loader list I have two previous kernels.
---------

Try "rpm -qa | grep kernel" and see if it provides with more installed
kernels. If that is the case, "rpm -e [undesired kernel]" will also remove
the entries from the boot loader. If that also fails, edit your
/boot/grub/grub.conf file and delete the undesired entries. You may also
change the default kernel in that file.

Regards,

Diosnel Herrnsdorf