Windows Behavior - ALT + Number

Florian Sievert FlorianSievert at Phobeus.de
Sat Jan 17 18:17:39 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

i am new to this list and to linux as well. Hope my question is not to
stupid ;)

I am programming since years under Windows and (please don't ask) I
teached myself to don't use the normal keys for "{[]}". Instead I was
using the ALT-Key + the number for the ASCII character. However after I
switched now to Linux, I am really missing this feature and always try
to get my characters on this way, because I think the "normal way" is
more difficult. Can anybody give me a hint how I can get this windows
behavior under Linux (best solution would be for console and KDE)? I am
really looking forward, even if it won't be the whole ASCII-table, but
the most important character for a programmer ;)

Thanks in advise!
Florian