Acrobat-5.08 plugin not working with Mozilla-1.4

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky registration at kosowsky.org
Sun Jan 18 02:26:05 UTC 2004

I have been trying to get the Adobe Acrobat-5.08 plug-in to work with
mozilla-1.4.1-18 and mozplugger-1.3.2-1.

I have no problems opening pdf files when I run 'acroread' from the
command line (after writing a wrapper script to fix the LC_CTYPE
problems with utf fonts).

However, whenever I try to open a pdf document from within Mozilla, I
just get a "blank" screen with the word "done" in the status bar.

I have done all the following
  - Installed wrapper script: /usr/local/bin/acroread
		#!/bin/bash
		export LC_CTYPE=C
		/usr/local/lib/Acrobat5/bin/acroread "$*"
  - Set up link:
		/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so ->
		/usr/local/lib/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so
  - Confirmed that plug-in is in fact recognized by looking at
	Help->About Plug-ins:
	    File name: nppdf.so
		MIME Type        Description		       Suffixes  Enabled
		application/pdf	 Portable Document Format  pdf		 Yes

Any thoughts on what might be wrong and how to fix?