Re: Mozilla upgrade problem

Neil B. Cohen wrote:
Color me dense, but I'm missing something - maybe someone can point me
in the right direction. I decided to install Mozilla 1.6. The
documentation says to remove earlier versions - I have 1.5 installed
with a set of RPM files from FC1. But I can't remove those RPMS - there
are dependencies on open-office, gaim etc.

Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and installed 1.6 - and it does
install. But I still can't get rid of 1.5...

Questions:

1) Should I be able to delete 1.5 without removing other applications or
is mozilla tied that closely to other pieces of software?

2) Have I completely screwed up my system by having multiple instances
of mozilla wholly or partially installed?

I looked at some bug reports but I did not see anything related to this
- but I may well have missed something.

Add this to your yum.conf :

[mozilla-seamonkey]
name=Mozilla SeaMonkey Releases
baseurl=http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/1.6/redhat/1

Or add to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources (One line):
yum mozilla-seamonkey http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/1.6/redhat/1

Using yum 'yum update mozilla' Using up2date 'up2date -u mozilla'

Cheers,
Michael