Mozilla upgrade problem

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 02:30:51 UTC 2004

jeff lee wrote:
> Neil B. Cohen wrote:
>
>  >Color me dense, but I'm missing something - maybe someone can point me
>  >in the right direction. I decided to install Mozilla 1.6. The
>  >documentation says to remove earlier versions - I have 1.5 installed
>  >with a set of RPM files from FC1. But I can't remove those RPMS - there
>  >are dependencies on open-office, gaim etc.

If you are using the 1.6 rpms provided from the repositories, you should
have only one version installed. I have  mozilla-1.6-0 installed and it
does not have any trails from version 1.5.

If you install a version throught scripts (mozilla-installer) the
versions won't conflict with each other, if ran one at a time. They are
located in different locations.

I usually run netscape 7.1 and mozilla scripted programs when mozilla
provided by fedora is lower and leave in the older rpms for programs
that rely on the older version.

Jim