ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

John Nelson developer at computation.com
Tue Jan 20 00:18:23 UTC 2004

All,

I tried to upgrade RH 8 on another of my development machines and, while
the upgrade claimed it was successful, the upgrade process royally
messed up in setting up the modules for the kernel. The modules.info
file is missing from /boot. Also the /lib/modules/e2.4.20-20....
directory that contains those modules..... wasn't even created so when
Fedora boots up, I get a cascade of missing modules errors.

I have no idea why the modules files are missing, but more importantly
how can I fix this problem? Reinstalling from the distribution CD just
skips over everything and doesn't fix the problem. I imagine I'll have
to patch all of this by hand but don't really know where to start....
any ideas?

-- John