nforce2 nvnet A7N266-VM

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Tue Jan 20 00:27:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:44:19 +0000
jasoncc at comcast.net wrote:

> Is anyone successfully running the nvnet.o ethernet module from the
> Nvidia nforce drivers?
>
> I have it running on an Asus A7N266-VM mobo but it has some problems.
> Every once in awhile during network activity, the keyboard and mouse
> will completely freeze.  Even the lights on the keyboard don't respond
> to the caps lock.  If I unplug the network cable, they come back to
> life.  I can then plug the cable back in and continue what I was
> doing.
[...]

Hi Jason,

I had to configure nvnet on a A7N266-VM once, and I went through this
very same hell you're describing. Fortunatelly, there is a solution.

Take a look here:

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nforce/1.0-0261/ReleaseNotes_Linux_nForce_1.0-0261.html#module_parameters

IIRC all you have to do is play with 'optimization' parameter (I guess
you have to set it to 'CPU optimization'). Adding this to
/etc/modules.conf should do the trick:

options nvnet optimization=1

Hint: run 'modinfo nvnet' as root and you will get a simple help.

HTH

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa