Ximian Red Carpet 2

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Tue Jan 20 05:54:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 10:42, John Sampson wrote:
> Curious - anyone using/used it?

I used the Redcarpet 1.{0,1,2,3,4) series and was very happy with them,
but found RC 2 to be difficult to use, and the servers very unreliable.
That was about the time I discovered apt :)

> I'm just doing a review for Studiowhiz.com, wondered if anyone ad any
> views, and of course - how easy is it to remove if I dont like it :)

Very easy to remove Red Carpet itself (just another rpm) however if you
use it to install Ximian gnome packages the rollback is non-trivial, as
they replace/overlap Gnome packages supplied with Redhat/Fedora. This is
documented in the Fedora release notes.

Cheers, Ben