Kpackage missing from Kdeadmin - Why, and howto rectify

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano_brunetti at idg.it
Tue Jan 20 08:54:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 00:13, Michael Kearey wrote:
> Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
> <snip>
> > Would you tell me what modifications you had to make?
> >
> > As i wrote in a previous post, i wasn't able to compile simply changing
> > the spec file with a %define kpackage=1. I compiled from source, but
> > kpackage later ran into several errors and it was pretty useless: it
> > would open but wouldn't perform any real operation with rpms.
>
> I have put the hacked spec and a patch  on web site so you can easily
> see the changes:
>
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/mutk/kdeadmin/kdeadmin.spec.patch
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/mutk/kdeadmin/kdeadmin.spec
[snip]

Ok, i tried again. Your srpms compiles fine, i have all the packages
needed to compile. It fires up but doesn't work and sometimes crashes.

If i start from command line, here is what happens if i try to uninstall
cdrecord:

[root at brunettie i386]# kpackage
kbuildsycoca running...
konsole_grantpty: cannot revoke /dev/ttyp0.
Reason: Function not implemented
konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0.
       : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
       : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
       : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
konsole_grantpty: cannot revoke /dev/ttyp0.
Reason: Function not implemented
konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0.
       : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
       : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
       : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
konsole_grantpty: cannot revoke /dev/ttyp0.
Reason: Function not implemented
konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0.
       : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
       : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
       : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
konsole_grantpty: cannot revoke /dev/ttyp0.
Reason: Function not implemented
konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0.
       : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
       : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
       : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
[root at brunettie i386]# rpm -q cdrecord
cdrecord-2.01-0.a19.2
[root at brunettie i386]# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Some errors, then i exit and cdrecord is still there. And after some
seconds the very last error.

I am a bit lost, will now try tarball from kde. I know this isn't a
devel list, just wondering whether this happens also on your system
(remember, kpackage apparently works fine, only if i really try to use
it with local rpm db i get all this) or it is something specific of my
systems.

E.