how much disk space do i need for FC1?

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano_brunetti at idg.it
Tue Jan 20 10:03:30 UTC 2004

Trying to get to work kpackage (no luck!) i realized that on my system
FC1 is really *huge*.

[ian at brunettie ian]$ df -h
/dev/hda3             2.3G  1.6G  626M  72% /
none                  125M     0  125M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda7             6.4G  4.2G  1.9G  69% /usr

Isn't it a bit too much 1.6 GB on root and 4.2 Gb on /usr? This is a
desktop install, nothing special. Is it supposed to be so large?

I really don't get it. Maybe i did something wrong at install time,
however i could uninstall some useless (to me) packages with synaptic,
and really made no difference (freed 64 megs 'only').

E.