yum question - how to get rid of the kde games

Alexander Appel alexander at caput.org
Tue Jan 20 21:07:35 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Bevan C. Bennett um 21:58:
> Shouldn't that command be "yum remove kdegames"?
> In any case, I just confirmed that kdeaddons, for whatever twisted
> reason, depends on kdegames.
>
> If you aren't worried about breaking that dependency, and you really
> can't stand having the games installed but need the addons, then you
> could run the following (danger! no warranty! not generally recommended!
> use at own risk!):
>
> % rpm -e --nodeps kdegames

Yes, I guess it should be "yum remove.." but yum takes my "yum erase.."
too. I'm not sure if I need the addons because the description of the
rpm isn't very descriptive at all. I guess I'll try to remove both and
if I find out I need the addons I'll have to reinstall and find another
way to get rid of the games.

Thanks anyway!

--
Alexander Appel