Enterprise Linux Server

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Jan 21 04:33:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 09:24, Jeremy Kruer wrote:

> I read that Fedora is more of a development version of Linux and is
> not stable enough to run as an enterprise server.

	I wouldn't say that.

> If this is true, does anyone have any suggestions for a good stable
> version of Linux that would be appropriate for an enterprise server?
> I have read a couple people mention www.whiteboxlinux.org does anyone
> have any experience with this? Were would I be able to go for support,
> I did not see any mailing lists with it.

	There are user and devel lists for WBEL accessible on their website.
You also have the option of trying Tao Linux <http://taolinux.org> and
cAos CentOS-3
<http://caosity.org/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=62&op=page&SubMenu=> as they are also built from the RHEL 3 srpm files.

--
Akebono vs Godzilla!  Coming soon to a theater near you.