Booting off cdrom to do a network install

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Jan 22 12:23:57 UTC 2004

Hello My name is chad I had a bit of trouble with finding this list,
But here I am.

I am completely focused on testing the Fedora product for end-users,
I work for the 3rd biggest manufacturer of computers in South Africa,
There is Mercer then HP then Pro-line and then Sahara

Our company has just started a venture where we have just started a
Linux range of systems,
The first thing is to get all the nice stuff working,
Like games, easy access to drives and flask mem sticks, 4ch sound 5.2
surround sound, dvd players, front-end burners for creating Cd's and all
those luxuries,

Lets face it you cant expect the Miss Jone to learn terminal and stacks
of bash commands just so that she can download picks from the digital
cam.

The first obstacle I encountered was with the on-board savage S3 km133
driver,
It seems there's a bug in BIOS causing the screen to blank-out as X
starts,
The work around for install is on boot you type "linux lowres" but when
booting from cdrom for NFS or other media installation you need to pass
the "linux askmethod" option, the question is how do you pass both?
I have tried using kickstart but the boot disk doesn't support my
network card (rhinefet.so) where the CD does.
any suggestions, or work around?