Yahoo client - was Re: IRC Client

prata at kuei-jin.org prata at kuei-jin.org
Wed Jan 21 20:58:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 08:50:59PM +0000, John Lagrue penned with great insight:
> Gain is indeed very good - or was :(

Gaim is an excellent tool. I've not tried to install Kopete, the screenshots looked nice.

As for the irc client question, strictly speaking on irc, I use xchat. It works very well for my purposes. It's easy on the eyes too, so I really suggest you use that.

Concerning Gaim, I am using gaim 0.75 and it does in fact connect to yahoo. I'm not sure what issue you are running into Mr. Lagrue, but I can vouch for its functionality. Try this though, because on occasion my gaim does choke when loading yahoo as logged on by default.

Disco it and connect to all the other services first. Then after they are done, try to get yahoo to connect. See what happens from there.

HTH

Alex

--
If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. --Spoken in Zen