RWyse60 Terminal Interface

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jan 22 11:17:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:16:37AM -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 22:57, Greg Ennis wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I need to find a Wyse60 terminal interface that can be used to telnet or ssh
> > into another system.  'Tiny Term' has a unix module that does this, but the
> > emulation is not complete and when I asked if they had plans to finish the
> > work they advised to the negative.  I am willing to write my own interface
> > but need to have a starting place to ask a bunch of questions.  Can any of
> > you suggest a forum or place to do this ie either some special gnome or kde
> > forum?
>
>     Let me guess: connecting to SCO systems?  I even tried paying a
> _bounty_ to get the thing written.  If X is available (even if it
> doesn't have a graphical login) you can telnet there and run xterm or
> whatever they run natively on it...it's wasteful and intended for
> in-house only, but it does a really good job.

why do you specifically need Wy60, is it because of a broken App that
was (stupidly) hard-coded to wy60 ONLY ?? Or is it just because wy60
is what has been traditionally used? What if you copy the terminfo entry
for a "linux" term to the destination system and install it (linux, or
xterm, or whatever your local term type really is)?

>     If you're connecting from Win9x, Rassmussen Software has something
> nice...but I forget the name. (Haven't seen it in 3 years!)  Google
> should find it for ya.

If you're connecting from Windoze, you could take a look at K95
(Kermit 95) which runs on all Win32 systems and provides a long list of
terminal emulations, including, as far as I recall, Wyse 60, SCOANSI,
Linux, etc., etc.

>     There is no SSH for SCO...people far better than I have tried, and
> those people have left, cussing.  I don't know what makes it so hard,
> but...no.
>
>     Drop me a line if this helps.
> --
> Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
> Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
> ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.

 .----    Fred Smith    /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us