problem removing Mozilla 1.4 which came with FC1

john.rehmert at speakeasy.net john.rehmert at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 22 18:05:32 UTC 2004

--> -----Original Message-----
--> From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com
--> [mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Telmo Silva
--> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 12:57 PM
--> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
--> Subject: Re: problem removing Mozilla 1.4 which came with FC1
-->
--> Hi,
-->
--> well, I didn't try these but maybe if you try
-->
--> rpm -e --force
-->
--> it will work. I'm not sure it will not damage your system!
-->
If you use --force, in this situation, it will make the openoffice.org and
gaim packages fail dependencies.  I'm not sure if that will break both
applications, but I sure wouldn't use --force unless I was __absolutely__
sure that it wouldn't break any packages that I want to use.

- John