Er diagram

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Fri Jan 23 05:33:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 19:19, gm wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if there is any programs on linux that can do er
> diagrams(entity relationship diagrams for sql). I need it for an sql
> assignment if there isn't one can anyone suggest a paint program for
> linux that can do diamonds,rectangles, circles, and triangles shapes.
>
> thanks
>
> gm

You might be able to do this with graphviz. I think you can install it
with yum (or your favorite tool) There is a java parser that will
convert simple SQL to dot (graphviz language). I have not used it but
you can find a link to it here:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/contrib/sql2dot/index.html

The graphvis homepage is here:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/