masquerading envelope not working in mutt

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 08:19:57 UTC 2004

Emails to this list have been bouncing back from the redhat mail server since
yesterday using mutt. I believe it is because RH has started doing a DNS lookup
on the hostnames and my envelope sender is set for my local hostname.

I first tried to use the "set envelope_from" option in mutt to no avail. I then
went through the whole complicated rigamarole of setting up envelope
masquerading in sendmail using genericstable. Again to no avail.

So I am stuck here wondering what I could possibly be doing wrong. Apparently I
am unable to modify the envelope sender on my FC1 box. Perhaps somebody has run
into this before?

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca