linksys etherfast 10/100 cardbus pc card on inspiron?

jim tate mickeyboa at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 03:34:05 UTC 2004

I have a Inspiron8100 with a internal nic card and it works fine in
fedora1, isn't there one in yours,

You will have to have a setup for your card in /etc/pcmcia/config file
to tell pcmcia what the card,manfid,driver
setting is, do a /sbin/lspci and you can get info on your card, and see
the other examples  in the /etc/pcmcia/config file
for putting the manfid # and the driver in (your manfid # is not in the
config file) That's why linux does not see it.
look in /lib/modules/kernel ver#/kernel/drivers/net/pcmcia/  for the
diver to be added in the 'config file'  there
is also a pcnet-cs.o driver that might work.
After your card is reconized by linux and shows up in
/desktop/StartHere/SystemsSettings/Network/Hardware tab
then you can make a 'NEW' ethernet, network setup for that hardware.
At the end there should be a setting in /etc/modules.conf that say's
(alias etho 'driver name') forget about brackets an quotes in line.
And welcome to Linux, this how we learn linux.

LOL
Jim Tate