messing fonts has broken printing

Tami King tiking at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jan 25 21:56:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

While trying to fix fonts for printing from KDE applications, I
managed to break printing completely.  I have an Epson printer
connected and it used to print just fine using CUPS.  Now I get
these errors:

Can't find (or can't open) font file
/usr/share/ghostscript/Resource/Font/Times-Roman.

coming from ghostscript in the cups error_log and nothing prints.
I think that running the KDE font installer messed something up
(I haven't had much luck with it in the past, don't know why I
still try to use it).  I checked the rpms and it doesn't show any
files in the Resource/Font directory.  It seems that
ghostscipt-fonts installs in
/usr/X11R5/lib/X11/fonts/default/ghostscript.  Those fonts are
still there.  I reinstalled ghostscript and the font package and
some of the XFree86 font stuff.  Still no printing.  Any ideas on
what I should do to make ghostscript happy again?  Is there some
command that I need to run to rebuild something?  I am not all
that familiar with how fonts work.

Thanks,
Tami

--