An introduction of the new cheerleader...

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 02:35:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> So that's my suggestion:
>  - we need to know the goals for the community not just the goals for
>    the distro.
>  - fedora needs active, communicative leaders - not just the technical
>    lead.
>  - we need an environment that is conducive to getting and keeping
>    volunteers.

Agreed on all three points. I am willing to help out on
the communicate-with-volunteers parts, but I think that
the community goals really should be determined by the
community and not prescribed by Red Hat ;)

Btw, I recently volunteered to help the Fedora project
too.  My goals are to get some things out there ASAP,
even if it'll take a longer time to get everybody's
grand master plans implemented.