Error while loading shared libraries

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 26 18:47:37 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 26.01.2004 schrieb Charlene um 19:26:
> First a little background...
> I first tried installing some Oracle software on an older version of Red
> Hat.  And in the process of doing that my husband did something that
> required a reinstall.  Instead he installed fedora.  I like it a lot better.
>
> But when I tried to install the software on fedora I got this error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-lib6.1-1.so.2: cannot
>
> Now I'm a unix user not admin, and I sort of understand this, and I sort
> of found solutions, but they didn't go into enough detail. I don't know
> where to find the right file to load using rpm.  Also I've never used
> rpm either.
>
> Charlene

Wow, that Oracle version must be a very old beast if it requires such an
old library. The package that I found containing that library is

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/engarde/legacy/devel/RPMS/libstdc++-2.9.0-30.i386.html

4 years old.

Maybe you have luck and can have Oracle make to accept the library from
compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118, which is a Fedora Core 1 package. It
contains

/usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so

which you might try to link to libstdc++-lib6.1-1.so.2, if that is a
hard coded dynamic link dependency within Oracle.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 19:40:45 up 2 days, 3:18, load average: 0.24, 0.20, 0.31
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]