Glibc problem with Oracle software

Charlene cawroblew at netscape.net
Tue Jan 27 01:51:28 UTC 2004

I got my other problem solved about the shared libraries.  Now I have an
error:

symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference.

I found 3 solutions, 2 of which appear to need a paid licence to either
Red Hat or Oracle to get the patch.  The third solution creates a file
called libcwait.c.

This is the explaination
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg06994.html)

At ftp://people.redhat.com/drepper/libcwait.c you find a file which you
can compile with
 gcc -shared -o libcwait.so -fpic -O2 libcwait.c
to get a DSO which you then can preload with
 LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libcwait.so java ARGS....

I don't understand the preload.

Charlene