rpm db cleanup/repair & up2date

Ferindo Middleton Jr fmiddletonjr at netscape.net
Tue Jan 27 03:11:54 UTC 2004

I believe my rpm db is corrupted. I ran into this problem with RH Linux 9 before and ran a command to repair the database (I forgot what that command-line string was). When I try installing new RPM's I get these error messages and the installation scripts quit, failing to complete installation of the RPM package, without giving any explanation why it quit.

When I run the redhat network gui to try to update packages, I keep getting this weird data that the packages it find that needs updating - are 0 kb big... seems weird, and whenever I choose to download them anyway.... the downloads fail, complaining about bad headers. I guess this might have something to do with my corrupted rpm databse as mentioned above. How to fix?

Ferindo

--
www.sleekcollar.com
Ferindo Middleton, Jr.