mime type conflicts

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Tue Jan 27 15:26:48 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-27 08:01, Matt H. whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:

>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:02:45 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>

>>Mozilla Menu -> Edit -> Settings -> Navigator -> Helper Applications ->
>>File types -> change from Helix player to just download
>>

>application/x-rpm is set to save files to disk. I deleted the entry for
>audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin, but it didn't have any effect.

<snip>

I don't think deleting the mime type will work, as long as you have the
plugin.  What I think will work is to add the mime type back, then edit
the entry to check the box that says "Always ask me what to do."

This may depend somewhat on which version of Mozilla you're using, as I
know the mechanism has changed a lot.  I'm using 1.6, I think at least
1.5 will work the same in this regard.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org